Sunday, April 17, 2011

I am a product-ista; aka my Burt's Bees love!

Something new to talk about - the fact that I am a mega-product princess.  In other words, I'm a 'lil bit of a product-ista.  I love products.  I am talking about the usual 'health and beauty' type.  It has *always* been this way with me.  I love to try new product! And, I am not close-minded or brand-loyal when it comes to my product - doesn't hafta come from Sephora (even though, I <3 LOVE Sephora!!!), it can come from Wal-mart, or even the Dollar Tree, as long as I LOVE it.  I mean, that's the whole point of a good product isn't it, love for it and how it works, and how it makes you feel?

I thought it would be a great time to spotlight one of my new must-have and favorite products - Burt's Bees.  I know, this is no newbie when it comes to products, I've seen Burt's Bees around for ages.  But, I have never been drawn to this line on my own.

I am very picky when it comes to my facial product.  I have tried almost everything, from Cetaphil to La Mer.  I look not for brand, not for price, purely for results.  I have had a few favorites over the years.  There was a time when I could not get enough of Bliss 'The Youth as We Know It'.  This cream is amazing!

This stuff was - for a very long time - my MUST have, and my must have splurge.  It is not cheap, it is usually around at least $79-ish price range.  But, my gosh the results! I used this product for a couple of years, and every week at least one person told me how 'great' my complexion looked! I still love it, but I have moved on to another facial product (as we product-ista often do!)
Burt's Bees! This is my NEW favorite skin care product line. Love love love LOVE it!! Can't say it enough :)

I know, you're probably wondering how I finally decided to give this a chance? Well, it all started the way a lot of trials do... with a free sample!! One of my favorite blogs out there, Hip2Save, had info on how to receive a free sample of the Burt's Bees new acne care wash and facial lotion.  Happily I sent in my request, and a few weeks later, my fun little sample arrived.  I had only the system a couple of days when I realized how great this stuff was! The lotion made my skin feel so great.  I am *blessed* to not have that much acne-trouble right now (must be my 30-ish skin ha ha!), but if I was, this would be my go-to without a doubt!

So, I got to thinking, if the acne lotion can do this much good for my complexion, and acne isn't even my concern, I wonder how great the 'radiance' products would be? Long story short, I decided to log onto one of my favorite product places - ULTA - and order the cleanser & cream!

Now, I am not one that has to have the 'all-natural' type of product, so this is a new experience to me, but one that I am really loving! Burt's Bees is a natural product, and it took a little while for a product princess like myself to get used to that fact.  For example, it doesn't have the 'smell' of product I'm used too, obviously because they do not want to add artificial ingredients like fragrances to the product.  But, when I realized how amazing my skin was feeling, I got used to that different smell pretty quick - I actually am growing fond of it!

If you haven't tried Burt's, give them a chance! Take it from a product princess :)

No comments: